The old fart’s top health news story today is about cannabis (aka: marijuana). Marijuana is a plant that the world has been systematically programmed to fear and loath. However, virtually every negative trait about cannabis that was planted in the public’s minds has now been scientifically proven to have been absolute nonsense, and in some cases, nothing short of the intentional suppression of remarkable medicinal and energy producing properties.
Every Day A New And Positive Use For Marijuana Is Found
In fact almost every day a new and positive use is found for this incredible plant. It heals us, clothes us, relaxes us, and produces power for us, but zealot right wing and oil and gas owned media still continue to portray it as the number 1 enemy of the nation, and its users as bums and low-lives.
And, one of the best deliberately kept secrets by poison producing industries about cannabis, is just how incredibly good this amazing plant is for our environment. Tests have already proven that fields of marijuana suck up literally tons of carbon a day while releasing an equal amount of oxygen.
Fields Of Marijuana Suck Up Literally Tons Of Carbon Per Day
And unlike trees, which take decades to regrow after being harvested, up to 3 crops of cannabis can be harvested every year, tripling the annual consumption of carbon and the expulsion of oxygen.
But cannabis also does something else that few of us ever considered. It actually decontaminates air and soil!!! Now, this here’s has been known about for a very long time, and there’s even a right fancy word for it, “Phytoextraction”. And that makes marijuana perfect for “Phytoremediation”.
Marijuana Is Perfect For Phytoremediation
Phytoremediation is the intentional use of plants for removal of contaminants in air, soils, sludges, sediments, surface water and groundwater. And, this plant of many purposes happens to absolutely excel at phytoremediation. So, how well does it do?
Well, the term “phytoremediation” was actually coined by Ilya Raskin, a scientific member of a team who, during the 1990s, proved cannabis had the ability to remove contaminates from soil in radiation contaminated fields near Chernobyl. Raskin’s team member, Vyacheslav Dushenkov stated, “For the specific contaminants that we tested, cannabis hemp demonstrated very good phytoremediation properties.”
Later, in 2001, a team of German researchers confirmed the Chernobyl results by using hemp to extract lead, cadmium, and nickel from a plot of land heavily contaminated with sewage sludge. Additional studies confirmed it also removes radioactive cesium.
Phytoremediation is one of the best ways that we can remove pollutants from industrial and agricultural land, detoxifying and remediating land that the world increasingly needs for food production, detoxification that’s especially needed in and near large urban areas. Phytoremediation is needed because it cannot be stressed enough just how important it is to detoxify soils where foods are grown.
Marijuana Can Produce High Quality Biodegradable Plastics, Green Automotive Fuels, And Industrial Lubricants
However, this also brings up the question of what can be done with the contaminated crops after they’ve been harvested, because once cannabis hemp phytoremediation is done, the crop should never be used for human or animal consumption.
However harvested marijuana can quite safely be converted into extremely high quality plastics, fuels and industrial lubricants, which are already being produced and used in other countries all around the world (but which is NEVER reported about in North American media).
So, if we can easliy decontaminate land and air, healing ourselves and the world in the process, we’re absolutely insane not to have massive crops of it already in the ground. But, despite the plant’s wondrous qualities, the agricultural, medicinal, industrial, and phytoremediational growth of cannabis has never been permitted by governments in North America on any really large scale.
A Completely Renewable Energy Resource That Can Be Grown For Free
In fact it was forbidden to be commercially grown in order to protect the lucrative foreign owned and controlled industries of pharmaceuticals and fossil fuels – industries that are terrified of marijuana’s potential impact on their markets. But that screws farmers, because an acre of soybeans will make farmers $500, while an acre of hemp could make them as much as $30,000.
So why is there still a war against weed? Well, because it’s a plant that’s super easy to grow, it grows where other crops won’t, it can lubricate and power our cars and trucks, replace non-biodegradable plastics, clothe us, clean our air and soils, build, insulate and furnish our homes, and be used to treat the devastating illnesses and cancers currently being caused by the use of harsh pharmaceuticals and petroleum based fuels. And big pharma and fossil fuels really, really dislike that.
Marijuana’s Reputation Remains Under Attack
Yep, it’s this old fart’s opinion that marijuana’s reputation remains under attack because it’s a completely renewable energy source and product resource that can be grown for free by anyone, anywhere, indoors or out, without horrendous and poisonous environmental devastation, and putrid profiteers despise all thing free.
So, for you who still chose to remain skeptics, here’s just a little information about the plant that fear mongering lame-brained idiots and highly paid promoters of poisons really do not want you to know.
Facts About Cannabis:
• Thrives where little else survives
• High biomass which is unaffected by pollutants
• Roots can grow up to 8 feet below ground
• Extremely low growing cost
• Quick growing season – full maturation in 180 days
• Good contaminate accumulator from air and soil
• Contaminated crops can be harvested and safely used industrially
Recreational Benefits Of Cannabis:
• Fast acting
• Physically non-addictive
Industrial Uses Of Cannabis:
• Very low emission diesel and gas
• High quality, yet inexpensive lubricants
• Extremely comfortable and durable fabrics
• Superior quality biodegradable foams and plastics
• Building products (hempcrete, studs, etc.)
• Very high quality papers and cardboards
• Composited materials
• Phytoremediation of industrial contaminates
• Energy production
Food Uses Of Cannabis:
• Marijuana-infused foods and drinks date as far back as 1000 B.C.
• Bhang has been consumed for centuries during religious festivals
• Cooking heat source
• Excellent dietary fiber
• Cooking wine
• Cooking oil
• Cooking butter
• Biodegradable food containers
• Biodegradable drinking straws
Medicinal Uses Of Cannabis:
• Slows and stops cancer cells from spreading
• Prevents Alzheimer’s
• Treats Glaucoma
• Relieves Arthritis
• Increases blood flow in the brain
• Controls Epileptic seizures
• Eases the pain of Multiple Sclerosis
• Soothes tremors for people with Parkinson’s disease
• Helps those with Crohn’s Disease
• Decreases the symptoms of Dravet’s Syndrome
• Reduces Hepatitis C treatment side effects, while increasing effectiveness
• Decreases anxiety
• Helps reverse the carcinogenic effects of tobacco, improving lung health
• Reduces severe pain and nausea from chemo, and stimulates appetite
• Improves symptoms of Lupus, an autoimmune disorder
• Prevents Stroke, and aids recovery
• Helps those suffering from PTSD
• Controls many types of muscle spasms
• Treats inflammatory bowel diseases
• Helps eliminate nightmares
• Protects the brain from concussion and trauma
• Helps recovery from brain injury
Click here to check out more health news from the internet, and be sure to browse my other news topics too!