The Old Fart welcomes news stories and reviews from other old farts who love to write (the funnier and the crankier the better). Please review the following guidelines.
- be original work (no reposting of other people’s work, with the exception of credited excerpts used as quotes, etc.
- be by folks over the age of 55 (using the honor system!)
- be of broad public interest
- reflect a senior citizen’s point of view
- be for one of the following five categories: top news of the day, health, tech and gadget, travel or entertainment
- include a name for the submission’s byline (real, or a nom de plume)
- a short bio is welcome (that the public will see at the end of the post)
- include a link to the author’s website (optional if relevant), and/or email (optional) readers can use to contact you
- must be at least 600 words
- be opinionated (even if the opinion is unopinionated)
- be well structured & spell and grammar checked (the Old Fart hates editing)
- contain no profanity
- contain no hate rages (unless about government idiocy😊, and then within decency and reason)
- contain no false information
- contain no local news (unless pertinent and/or humorous to a national audience)
- image (if supplied) must be a non-copywritten, 1200 pixels wide, 500 pixels high, and with the resolution of no less than 72 pixels (if no image is supplied, or it’s of poor quality, the Old Fart will add his own)
The Old Fart reserves all rights to edit submissions as/if necessary to remain within submission parameters, and/or refuse to publish.
While no guarantees are given that submissions will be published, great writing, pertinent and current subject matter will ‘greatly’ improve a submission’s odds of success.
Please send submissions to email@example.com.